Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Travel Make Up - California Edition

Hi Guys,

As this goes live, I'll be on the way to the airport with my family for 2 weeks in California! I'm so excited as this is the biggest family holiday we've ever done and it's for my parents 25th wedding anniversary!

Just like when I went to New York back in July, I thought I'd show you the make up I'm taking with me on our adventure.


Face
To cope with the heat a primer is essential so I'm taking the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer as it's my current favourite. I've got a daytime option for foundation, the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in 33 Rose Beige and a night time option for foundation, the L'Oreal True Match foundation in N4 Beige. I'm taking my usual concealers which are the Collection Lasting Perfection in 3 Warm Medium for general concealing and the Maybelline Lumi Touch (in who knows what colour as it's all worn off) for highlighting under the eyes. It'll all need to be set with a powder, so I'm taking the Maybelline Matte Maker which will be followed by some bronzer in the form of the MUA Bronzer in Shade 3. I'm taking two blush options depending on what mood I'm in, the first being another current favourite, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blusher in True Love. The second blush is a more natural shade of a NYX blush in Mauve. Incase I want to add a bit of a glow in the evenings, I'm also taking the Topshop Glow in Polished.

Eyes
I'm taking the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded as one form of eyeshadow base and the MUA Pro-Base Eye Primer as another. I'm planning on keeping my daytime look very neutral which will be done with the help of the Wet n Wild Trio in Walking on Eggshells. Incase I want to bronze things up for the evening I'm also taking the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, as well as the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush. One eyeliner will do the trick with my trusty old favourite, the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner, followed by my favourite mascara Benefit's They're Real. I'm taking two Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals in Nude and Bronze.
For my brows, I'm taking the Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut (my HD Brows palette did not come back in a great condition after the flights to New York - not taking that risk again!) and the Maybelline BrowDrama in Medium Brown.

Lips
The lips is the only area I'm giving myself a few options as who knows what I'll be feeling when I'm there. Firstly is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Hydrate to apply before I start my make up. For actual colour, I'm taking the NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler and Vanilla Cream Pie. I'm also taking the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple and the Kiko Kiss Balm in Blackberry. Finally I'm taking the Body Shop Colour Crush lipstick in 110.

I think I've packed quite well for a two week holiday!
What would you take with you?
Thanks for reading



1 comment: