Sunday, 20 July 2014

New York Haul: Beauty

Hi Guys,

The past week I've posted everyday about my holiday in New York and I mentioned countless times about shopping (of course).

As I bought way too much stuff to put all together in one haul, I'm separating it into 3; a beauty haul, a fashion haul and a random haul.

I'm starting with the beauty haul as I wanted to take those pictures first so I could use all the products!

I did my beauty shopping in a few different places so I'm separating it into shops.

Sephora

I was very excited to finally go into a Sephora and I went in armed with a wishlist. As I don't need to buy any more make up than I own, I was super refrained and only bought what was on my list! However, new items have been added onto my list for when I'm back in America in August.

The first thing I picked up were the Sephora ribbon hair ties as they look super cute and don't give you kinks which is needed when I've straightened my hair.



Next on my list was to finally try a Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush as they are raved about. I didn't have a particular colour in mind so I went with True Love which is a gorgeous pink-peach colour. 




Next up is the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura which I've wanted for months (I spoke about it in my Blame it on the Beauty Bloggers #1) so I'm super happy to finally have it.



A rollerball perfume was also on my wishlist, again with no particular scent in particular. After sniffing almost everyone I settled on the Elizabeth and James Nirvana. A lot of people have been raving about both the White and Black version of this perfume, but I really didn't like the Black one. However, the White one is really nice, very sophisticated and like no other perfume I own. The notes on the box say Muget, Peony and Musk.


After Amelia Liana has recently been raving about Sephora brushes in general, I wanted to try one. I ended up with 74 Pro Contour Brush. I've used it a few times already and I absolutely love it!! I definitely want to pick up some more brushes.

Finally, I picked up a Formula X Nail Polish in the colour Dramatic which is a milky purple grey. I'm very excited to try out this formula as once again, it's raved about.


CVS

To my happiness (my money's despair) there was a CVS right opposite our hotel which ended up with me buying a lot of junk food, and of course some make up. 

I already own a NYX Butter Gloss but I love it so much I wanted another one and it's cheaper to get it in America. I picked up the colour Peach Cobbler.


Another lip product I really wanted to try was the Maybelline Colour Whispers as they still haven't found their way to the UK yet. It's more or less a Revlon Lip Butter but Maybelline's version. I got the colour Rose of Attraction.


I also got a Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain in Barcelona Nights as it looked lovely when Fleur de Force has been wearing it recently. I know they are going on sale in the UK in August but again, it's cheaper to buy them in the States.


Finally from CVS, I picked up the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso as so many American Youtubers rave about it. It opens up into two compartments with the bottom one being a mirror and brush which is handy! I can't wait to give it a go.


Duane Reade
The CVS over the road from our hotel, didn't have a massive selection of brands and wasn't fully stocked either so I had to make a stop at a different drugstore to get the missing drugstore items from my list.


Firstly I picked up the Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette in Walking on Eggshells which is quite iconic. The pigmentation is amazing!



Next I picked up the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded which isn't available in this country. I absolutely love my colour tattoo in On and On Bronze so I wanted to try a more neutral colour to go under eyeshadows and this one is perfect.



My final eyeshadow purchase was the L'Oreal Infallible EyeShadow in Amber Rush as that colour, once again isn't available in the UK. The pigmentation is amazing and it's such a gorgeous colour.



Finally, I picked up an Essie Nail Polish in Angora Cardi as Ingrid from Miss Glamorazzi once mentioned it and it looked beautiful so it's been on my wishlist ever since. I've only ever seen it to buy online in the UK but I wanted to see it in person before I bought it. When I saw it on the shelves, it went in my basket straight away.


MAC
I went into the MAC store for the sole purpose of finding one particular lipstick. Whilst I was in New York I saw someone tweet that MAC lipsticks have gone up to £15.50 in the UK, so whilst I was able to get the colour on my wishlist cheaper, I took the chance to do so.
After causing a massive commotion within the MAC staff in the middle of the very busy Times Square MAC shop, I finally walked away with Patisserie which was a purchase purely down to the enabling of Vivianna Does Make Up and Lily Pebbles.




Bath and Body Works
I did a much bigger shop there than what is being hauled in this beauty post which you can see soon.
For beauty related items, after being in the shop for about 45 minutes just smelling everything I settled with the 3 for $12 mini deal on lotions/sprays.
As soon as I went into the store I fell in love with the Velvet Sugar scent so I got it in the body lotion and spray.
I then also picked up Sea Island Cotton as it smells super fresh. 


I hoped you liked everything I bought, I'm very happy with it!
What's on your American beauty wishlist?
Stay tuned for my other hauls coming later on this week.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment