Sunday, 13 July 2014

New York City: Day 1 - Travelling & Times Square

Hi Guys,

As I mentioned a while ago, when I have something more lifestyle related I'd love to blog about it as I love reading lifestyle posts/blogs.

On Thursday I got home from the most amazing week in New York City which was my 21st birthday present from my parents. 

So for the next 7 days, you'll get a day-to-day post about everything I got up to. I hope if any of you are going to New York in the near future or planning a trip, it'll give you some ideas!

Day 1 involved a lot of travelling. 
We set off from Manchester Airport at 8am and after a connection in Dublin where we nearly missed the next flight, we arrived at JFK at 1pm New York time.

Being a beauty lover, seeing this in the airport already kicked off my excitement for the rest of the holiday.


We stayed at Yotel, which I do recommend as a hotel. It was a 5 minute walk away from Times Square so the location was amazing. The rooms are small but we were barely in them so it made no difference, and there's a CVS right opposite (a beauty bloggers dream).

After checking in and having a quick change, it was time to explore Times Square before the Jetlag hit us.

Word of advice, avoid the dressed characters! They dragged me into the photo before I could even figure out what was going on and then you need to pay them!


We then started to look for somewhere to eat and ended up at John's Pizzeria in Times Square. Knowing American sizes would be much more than we were used to, we ordered a small pizza to share and still couldn't finish it! 
The pizza was amazing though, I'd definitely recommend paying a visit.


On route back to the hotel to crash out we got caught in a massive thunderstorm as it turned out Storm Arthur had come to pay a visit!


Stay tuned for the post about our first full day tomorrow!

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment