Monday, 30 June 2014

Review: Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer

Hi Guys,

I mentioned the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer in my June favourites but I thought I'd give it a more in-depth review.

The primer comes in two varieties - Matte and Luminous and they both cost £10.99.

Now as a girl with oily skin, I would never choose the luminous version as my skin provides that for me all by itself. Instead, I try my hardest to keep my skin as matte as possible. 


I decided to try this primer as I had heard a few beauty Youtubers talking about how much they love the Happy Light foundation so I thought I'd give it ago.

Packaging
The primer comes in a slim glass bottle containing 15ml of product. The glass bottle makes this product seem so much more expensive than it actually is - it's a really nice touch. I also especially love that this primer has a pump which means you don't waste product.

Product and Application
Due to the pump, the perfect pea sized amount of primer comes out enough to cover your face. It blends in really smoothly and leaves a lovely texture on the face. As soon as I apply the primer I can see the matte effect on my face.


Lasting Power
With no primer, my face probably last 2-3 hours before the oil starts to come through. Although this primer doesn't leave me oil free all day, it gives me 5-6 hours until a powder touch up is needed. The extra hours means I can go out without having to constantly think if I look too shiny.

All in all, I really love this product. It's giving my Smashbox Primer a run for it's money!

Have you given the Happy Light primers a go?
Thanks for reading



No comments:

Post a Comment