Sunday, 18 May 2014

Haul: Make up and Fashion

Hi Guys,

A few posts ago I said how I'd put myself on a spending ban till July. I broke it straight away with clothes so I ended up making it just a beauty ban but I could buy something if I really needed it. I've done very well, apart from one item of make up so does that class as breaking my ban?

Beauty
This was all from Boots and it was all needed bar the lip product - what can I say, I love lip products!



Soap and Glory skincare was on offer and I'd  been eyeing some of it up for a while. 
Firstly I picked up the Sunshield Superfluid SPF50 Ultra Sheer invisible protection.
I've been looking for a face spf for a while that isn't sticky like normal suncream and I'd seen this been talked about on different blogs so I went with it. It should have been £15 but I got it for £9.99.




My next thing from Soap and Glory is the Beauty Sleep Accelerator Night & Flight Moisture Miracle. I'm very lucky this summer and I'm going on 3 different holidays, all of which are long haul flights. I once saw EmShelx talk about this before she went on a long haul flight and it seems perfect to keep your skin as moisturised as possible. I can't quite put my finger on the scent but it smells amazing!
It should have been £13 but I got it for £8.66.




I picked up the Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying powder in 20 Nude Beige as my other powder smashed (see it's not breaking the spending ban, I needed it!). Amelia Liana has recently been raving about this powder and how she likes it even more than some of her high end stuff so for £3.99 it's worth a try!




I broke my ban by picking up the Bourjous Rouge Edition Velvet in 02 Frambourjoise. This have been talked about all the time and I tried to hold off for as long as I could but I couldn't do it anymore! I'm really glad I did break it though as it's so gorgeous and with the weather finally turning around in the UK, I can't wait to rock this bright lip!



Fashion
For my birthday back in March I received a £20 TopShop voucher from a friend so I went in to have a little browse. I ended up buying myself (finally, I've wanted them for ages) a pair of black Leigh Jeans (£38). They are so comfy and fit really nicely so I'm happy I finally purchased them.



In my Monday Morning Wishlist #4 last week I mentioned a black playsuit from Topshop. Whilst I was there I thought it'd be worth trying it on but I ended up not liking it in real llife. However, they did have this plain cotton black playsuit for £24 and it fit really nicely so I ended up with that instead!



I've been looking for a really nice pair of cigarette trousers for a while and I ended up with these ones from Primark (£14). They are cropped and look great on so I can't wait to get wear out of these this summer!



What do you think of my purchases?
What have you picked up lately?
Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. I really love the Topshop black dress, pigmentation in the Rouge red lipgloss, plus the Soap & Glory night cream. Do let me know how you get on with it, as I've been considering buying some Soap & Glory products too. I'm now following you on Twitter, BL & GFC. Please check out my blog and if you like what you see, follow me too :)
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the pigmentation is amazing!
      If I really love everything I'm sure they'll end up in favourites sometime soon or a post on their own :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Topshop playsuit - it looks lovely :) I'm now following you on bloglovin'. Would love you to follow back and check out my blog. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get lots of wear out of it this summer! x

      Delete