Monday, 28 April 2014

Blame it on the Beauty Bloggers #1

Hey Guys,

I thought today I’d talk about something that if you’re reading this post, are probably guilty of. Being enabled by beauty bloggers.
I mean...come on, we choose to read posts about all different sorts of products so it’s impossible to let some slip under the radar without wanting to try them all some.
It’s always a test for me to see how long I can go before I cave, or sometimes not cave at all...I’m talking to you Urban Decay Naked Basics palette that I’ve wanted forever but I’ve not allowed myself to buy it (anyone want to send it to me as a gift? I kid I kid.....not).
So I thought I’d show you some products that are on my wishlist due to fellow bloggers, that I may or may not own one day.

Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura
The lust for this product comes from Tiffany on Make up by Tiffany D, and it’s due to this video. The smoky eye she creates with this duo is absolutely gorgeous and suitable for both day and night. I’m 95% sure I already own colours very similar to this in other palettes, but that 5% of being unsure just means I need to own the duo, right? I did almost cave and buy this a few weeks ago whilst I was in Space NK but I resisted. I have agreed with myself (after an ongoing internal debate) that I’m going to treat myself to it when I go to New York in July as it’s $35 in America and £25 here. The current conversion rate means I’d get the duo for just under £21. £4 doesn’t make a huge difference so I could technically buy it here but as I’ve wanted it for a while, I think it’ll make the purchase more special as I’ll know it came from New York (which was my 21st birthday present).


Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
This comes from a few different bloggers, especially Vivianna Does Makeup and Amelia Liana. I did recently buy Amelia’s dupe suggestion of the L’Oreal True Match foundation, which I love but the Armani version doesn’t contain spf which is what’s making this still appear on my wishlist. All of my foundations contain spf which really annoys me on nights out, as I always look paler on my face with the flash. However, I’m currently very happy with the foundations I currently own so I don’t see myself caving to this anytime soon, especially with the £35.50 price tag.


Pai Rosehip Biogenerate Oil
I had briefly heard about this through Vivianna Does MakeUp in this post (do you get a current theme here about how much I love her blog?) but then Kate from Ghost Stories did a full, detailed post on it here and the next thing you know, it’s added onto my wishlist. I always had this idea in my head that I couldn’t use oils as I have oily skin but how wrong I am. I received a mini Balance Me radiance oil in a Glamour Latest in Beauty Box back in November and I love it. However, Kate’s review of the Pai oil is making me want to try that one instead of purchasing another Balance Me oil. The reason this is ranking so high on my wishlist is due to the fact that rosehip oil is meant to help with scars. Years of acne (although now fully cleared up) have left dark scars across my cheeks. Without wanting to sound big-headed (if that’s the right word for it), I’m so happy with how roaccutane left my skin, that in my eyes it’s pretty much perfect, except for the scars. So if this product would help reduce them, then I’m all for it. It’s £20 for 30ml but Kate said she’d used it for almost a full year until it ran out, so not bad going.


Lanolips Banana Balm
Trying any lanolips product has been on my list for a while, but this one edges over the others. I heard about this product through Fleur from Fleur De Force in this post. It’s a 3-in-1 product so it’s a lip protectant, lip conditioner and a lip lustre (which according to Fleur gives a lovely subtle shimmer). I’m a massive fan of bananas – the smell and the taste. Artificial banana scents are one of my favourites, but from reading this post from Ruth from A Model Recommends, it isn’t an artificial scent as the product actually contains banana extract. Another one to add to the list at only £8.99.


There is loads more items I could include in this post but I thought I’d share my tops lusts first. Would you like to see more posts on items bloggers have made me want?
What is on your wishlist due to beauty bloggers?
Thanks for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment