Wednesday, 30 April 2014

April Favourites 2014

Hi Guys,

I don’t have too many favourites this month for a couple of reasons. I’ve been on holiday for the past two weeks so I’ve not tried too many new products. I’m also on a spending ban – my spending was getting way out of control and I have the most amazing summer lined up so I need to be more serious about saving. I had originally banned myself from makeup and clothes, but ended up buying some new clothes a few days later (no regrets). I have however stuck to not buying makeup, as hard as it’s becoming. The deal with myself is that I’m not buying any new makeup unless essentially needed (ie my powder has just smashed) until I go to New York. That’s so I can actually use up stuff I own to go on a guilt free make up splurge in the Big Apple.

Anyways, down to my few products.



Tesco Beauty Nail Polish Remover Pads
I’m so surprised these have made it into my favourites. I’ve always been very sceptical about remover pads after trying a few and they just didn’t do the job properly. However, these are a total exception. I picked them up on a whim wanting to give remover pads one last go to take away with me and I’m glad I did. It took me one pad for each hand it took all the varnish off. It left my nails slightly greasy but I think all remover pads do so a quick hand wash after removal is needed. I can’t remember the price exactly but they were around the £2 mark for 15 pads so it’s an amazing price to take travelling.



Essie Bikini So Teeny
I can’t remember if it was last summer or the one before when this colour was all the range but ever since it’s been a firm favourite colour in summer or winter. It’s such a gorgeous blue with a slight shimmer running through it. The Essie formulation is one of my favourites and they last so long on my nails. I wore this on my toes for my holiday and it’s currently gracing my fingernails. I can’t get enough.



Alien Perfume
This has been a favourite perfume for years, without ever owning it. Whilst still at school one of my friends had it and I fell in love with it. In my first year of uni one of flatmates had it and I always knew when she’d left the flat by the trail of scent left down the corridor. Through all my years of loving it I’d never had it for myself. In February my grandparents who live abroad came to visit and when they asked what perfume I’d like from duty free this was first on the list! I don’t wear it every day as I like saving it for nicer occasions rather than just a day at work. The description online is a rich floral amber containing jasmine sambac, cashmeran wood and white amber. If you’ve never smelt this perfume (which I highly doubt) go smell it!!

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef
I’ve had this lipgloss for a while but it ended up at the back of my collection. I thought taking a coral away with me would be perfect for nicer weather and I was right. I wore this lipgloss most evenings of my holiday as it went with practically every outfit. It has a beautiful sheen and isn’t too sticky. An added bonus is that these lipglosses contain SPF15 which is always great. It’s not as long lasting as I’d like it to be but it’s never a pain to apply more lipgloss.



What were your favourites this month?

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment