Sunday, 2 March 2014

February Favourites 2014

Hey Guys,

Feb is over and I'm super excited as March is birthday month and I'm turning 21!
My favourites this month mainly contain new products, which is exciting as well as a few I've never mentioned on my blog before.


Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Lotion
This is the almond cream and hibiscus scent, which first off smells amazing and the scent really lingers all day. The body lotion itself is really smooth and absorbs fast so you aren't left sticky. The formulation of this range of body lotions have a 'deep care complex' which they say includes natural nutrients and rich essential oil to deeply nourish skin. I've been applying this after the shower every day and it really is nourishing my skin. 

DKNY Be Delicious Heart Rio
Back in 2012, DKNY launched a city collection of their famous Be Delicious perfume range. My mum got two of the fragrances as a gift and kindly donated one my way. I have my favourite go-to perfumes so I wouldn't have necessarily gone out to get a new one and I ignored it for a while. Recently though, I've been wearing it to work every day and I've almost finished it! According to the internet this scent is a blend of 'juicy apple, passion fruit, orange blossom and gardenia' As you can imagine from the description it smells very tropical so Rio is the perfect name. 

Topshop Glow in Polished
I hauled this a few weeks ago and since then I've been wearing it every day. It's a gorgeous subtle highlight that just makes you look naturally glowing without being to over the top. It has good lasting power and the formula is really blendable. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara
This featured in my December Favourites but I feel like it needs mentioning again as it's just so darn good. For years I've heard people rave about this mascara but I could never justify spending money on them, until I received the sample in a Glamour latest in beauty box. I won't go on about it as I did talk about it here but to back up my praise, my mum thought I was wearing false eyelashes the other day...nope just this little baby!

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01
Like the mascara, I'd heard loads of bloggers/youtubers rave about this (in particular Anna from Vivianna does Makeup) but again couldn't justify the price on a lip gloss with a student budget. That was until I had enough boots advantage points to purchase it completely guilt free! It's a gorgeous colour that enhances your lips perfectly without loads of colour for a more natural look. I swatch it (not very well however) in this post.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +
I've recently got really into skincare, so here is my latest addition. Of course I'm sure you've heard about the original Effaclar Duo (which I never tried) and then they released the Duo +. Now my acne is gone, I've  been spending time on trying to reduce the scars and pigmentation that 6 years of problems has left me, and this seems to be helping dramatically. Loads of my scars have significantly reduced, if not completely gone. I couldn't be happier so this is my definite number 1 recommendation of the month!

What were your favourites this month?
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment