Monday, 17 March 2014

A Day in London

Hi Guys,

I thought I would do a bit of a lifestyle post today to talk about the super fun day I had on Saturday.

My friend David and I went to London for the day to go see the the new X Factor musical, I Can't Sing!

Wearing:
Leather Jacket: Tesco
T-shirt: New Look
Necklace: Primark
Jeans: New Look
Shoes: Converse
Bag: Zara
As you can see, I went for a casual outfit for the day as I knew we'd be doing a lot of walking.

 We started the day with some browsing in the shops down Carnaby Street and Oxford Street (of course, when in London right?).


Once we made it to Selfridge's we stopped for a well-deserved Pinkberry, which was super delicious!




We did lunch the wrong way round so after the frozen yoghurt we walked back up to Carnaby street and went for lunch in Leon. The food was so good and healthy, which made it better. The weather by this point was gorgeous which meant there were no tables left outside so we wandered the the nearest bench to sit and eat our lunch in the sun.



 David had a superfood salad whilst I had a fish finger wrap and a lemonade, delicious.


Once we had lunch, we headed over to the Palladium theatre to watch the show. The show itself was so so funny. Harry Hill wrote it so as you can imagine if you used to watch TV Burp it was madness. At one point I turned to David and said 'what on earth is going on?' but it really was brilliant.
You definitely need to go to enjoy yourself and it's not a serious musical like Les Mis, for example.




The main reason we actually went to see the show was because Nigel Harman was playing Simon Cowell. Back when Nigel was in Eastenders, I absolutely loved him and everything he's been in since. 
David and I actually went to see Shrek the Musical a few years ago as Nigel was playing Lord Farquaad but the day we went he wasn't there.
I made it my mission to meet him after the show this time, and the mission was completed. 



After the show (and my day had been made by meeting Nigel), we headed over to Covent Garden to meet one of our friends from home whose at uni in London for dinner.
Covent Garden was way to busy for us to get somewhere to eat in time to make our train home, so we ended up in Bella Italia in Leicester Square.
It was so lovely to catch up with Toby.




Then the day was over but not before we had an absolute nightmare journey back, but that's a whole different story.

I really do love London and I love how trains mean I can just come up for the day!
What's your favourite thing to do in London?
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment