Sunday, 6 October 2013

Roaccutane Diary: October 2013

Hi Guys,

This is my final Roaccutane Diary!

Week 36
I've been on 20mg for a week now, and everything is still the same. I can slowly feel me applying lip balm less and less which I'm very happy about. I still haven't had a spot in a long time, so I'm so impressed with the medication as I'm coming up to my final few weeks.

Week 37
I'm sensing a pattern that these next few weeks are all going be the same as last week. My lips are slowly getting more moisturised and I've still had no spots.


Week 38
I had the best feeling ever this week when I went 4 hours without applying lip balm! I once again had a spot free week (loving this!!)



Week 39
That's it - I've finished my course of Roaccutane!


I know Roaccutane is a very controversial drug and it may not work for everyone, but for me it has 100% been worth it. I would have happily applied lipbalm 1 000 000 times a day if it meant I would be happy to leave the house without make up on, which I know completely am. I used to be so self concious of my skin/spots when I went out and it really bothered me as I'm not a shy person, but now my skin isn't even a second thought! When I people who don't know me that well find out I'm on acne medication, their response is 'What? You've got acne?' and it's the best feeling to know it now looks like I have never suffered with my skin for the past 6 years.
My journey on roaccutane has given me the most amazing results I could ask for:


I hope you have enjoyed this series and it has given some of you the courage to seek help if you suffer with bad acne.

Thanks for reading


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I cant get over the change between the start of the course and now - your skin is incredible. I completely agree with you, I'd never stop applying lip balm if this was the result! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with the results it's all been worth it! x

      Delete
  2. This is the second time I'm hearing about this drug. I have super oily skin, like I literally bleed oil but I don't suffer breakouts like I used to. I just get the odd spot now and I'm mainly trying to improve scarring appearance and eliminate blackheads. Is there a criteria you have to meet before being allowed to use this drug? I'd love to reduce the oil production of my skin, it's really bad :/ Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yeah there is a criteria as it's such an intensive treatment. I've been on acne medication for the last 6 years which is why they finally allowed me to go on it as nothing else was working. They don't let you on Roaccutane until you've tried other medication first. I would go see your doctor and they'll know the best course of action to take! xx

      Delete