Monday, 19 August 2013

Marks and Spencer's Summer Dress Competition

Hi Guys,

I was ever so kindly asked by the people over at Marks and Spencer's if I wanted to take part in their summer dress competition....what a silly question, of course I do!!

All you have to do is style your favourite summer dress for a holiday destination, and the winner gets a £200 M&S voucher. 3 runners up also get a £50 M&S voucher! So pretty nice prizes, even if you don't win!

I have been on holiday this summer to Tenerife already and the dress I'm about to show you as my favourite summer dress, I took with and wore! However, I didn't accessorise it on holiday as I am doing so in the post. (Kinda wish I had now!)



The dress itself is from Topshop and cost £32. I bought it back in February so I don't think they sell that exact one anymore but they have ones very similar. I have worn this dress to death this summer, everything from my holiday to shopping to dinners out with my friends!

















To add colour to the dress, I would add this deep red coloured statement necklace which is from Primark. It was £4 but I got it for £2 in the sale - £2!! I think it complements the dress perfectly by adding a pop of colour.







Lastly for my shoes, I would wear these gorgeous brown heeled sandals that I bought from Wallis. They were originally £50 but once again I found a bargain and bought them for £10!! I did actually take these to Tenerife with me and wore them with my other favourite summer dress (see picture below). They are really comfortable and a classic style so I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of these during the summer months!





My other favourite summer dress to see the shoes in action!

The second part of the competition entry is to choose a summer dress on the M&S website (within a £70 budget).

My choice was super simple. I chose this beautiful navy striped maxi dress, that also comes with a belt, from the Autograph line. It was originally £49.50 but it's currently in the sale for £39.60 (everything seems to be about sales on this post today!). If I say so myself, I think this dress would also go perfectly with my brown shoes - see they go with everything!


That's it for my styling post!
What do you think makes the perfect summer dress?

Thanks for reading




No comments:

Post a Comment