Thursday, 9 May 2013

Top 5 Nail Polishes for Spring/Summer

Hi Guys!
I absolutely love painting my nails - I do it to relax whilst watching TV, and spring and summer colours are my absolute favourite!
I just love bright or pastel colours when the weather is getting better, and I've picked my top 5 (as hard as it was) that are foolproof for spring and summer.

L - R: Peach Melba, Mint Green, Prickly Pear, Fiji, Cute as a Button

I know there are only 2 brands of polishes in this post but that was not intentional. I was picking based on colours - although Essie is my absolute favourite nail polish brand, the formulas work so well on my nails.

Lets start with Barry M...

Peach Melba is a lovely colour which I can only explain as a peachy apricot (probably makes no sense). 2 coats and you've got a colour for spring days.















I have no other description for Mint Green except it's a true mint green! This is one of my favourite nail polishes ever and the bottle is almost half empty - which I don't have with any other colour I own.












This is Prickly Pear from the new Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail polishes. These are the most amazing formula and I own other colours too, as they are long lasting and super shiny! I only bought this recently but it has overtaken my other lilac colour as that one is too light compared to this brighter lilac. I love it!















As I said previously in the post, Essie nail polishes are my absolute favourite! I love everything about them - the formula and the colour range.
I may do a whole post on my current Essie collection, which I am slowly building.

Excuse my writer's bump (Always grows through exam time!)

Fiji is a very, almost white, creamy pale pink. Although it isn't like the other bright colours in the post, it's perfect for spring/summer in a super neutral, girly way.












Essie Cute as a Button is a very well known product in the blogging community, and was in fact, the first Essie polish I ever bought when they started to be sold in Boots to try them. It's a beautiful coral pink, that not only looks great on fingers, but amazing on your toes!
















Although it isn't mentioned in this post, I would like to give a shout out to Essie's Bikini so Teeny, which I wear any season. I think it could be my most worn colour of all time!


What are your favourite spring/summer polishes?
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment