Saturday, 20 April 2013

Roaccutane Diary: April 2013

Hello!
Welcome to my 4th instalment of my Roaccutane Diary, you can find March's post here!

Week 10
The spots from my recent break out have taken longer than normal to heal up but they are slowly getting there!



Week 11
The spots are still slowly healing, but this week my lips have got so much worse! I'm having to use lip scrub everyday now, if not twice a day, and I am applying lip balm constantly! It's a pain but the end results will be worth it. The skin on my arms is getting drier as well so although I apply body lotion every day, I'm now applying it twice a day.


Week 12
This week I've had no spots and my lips have been manageable, but the skin on the rest of my body is getting worse. 
My skin is super dry and flaky, especially on my right hand and is actually really uncomfortable and when I'm in the shower, because of the hot water, it's really painful!
Another side effect that has got worse this week which I haven't spoken about is my teeth/gums (strange I know). My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth, but not only that, they'll bleed when I eat something or even just start bleeding on their own! I have a constant taste of iron in my mouth and it's disgusting. I went to the dentist and he said there was nothing wrong with my teeth or gums so at my last appointment I asked the doctor and he said it wasn't a common side effect but there's no reason it can't be because of the Roaccutane. 



Week 13
I've just come back from the hospital and as 60mg is the highest, I've been kept on it. My skin this week has been amazing with no spots. Other than that everything has stayed the same, my lips are dry but manageable and my gums are the same. The nurse at the hospital said my hand will start to get better as it gets warmer, as the extra long cold period in the UK has made my dried out skin due to the medication, even drier! 


Thanks for reading!
The next Roaccutane Dairy will come soon
Liora xx






No comments:

Post a Comment