Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Welcome to my world of blogging!

Hello and happy new year!
After umming and aahing for quite a while I have finally decided to join the world of beauty blogging to start 2013 off!

A little bit about me to get things going...
I am a 19 year old marketing management student at university but on the side I have an addiction to beauty!
From flicking through magazines (heading straight the beauty pages), clicking through endless blogs and being subscribed to alot of youtube beauty gurus, beauty is constantly on my mind! So I thought I would dip my toes into it myself, so here it goes!

My first post is going to be a review on the lip products that I have fallen in love with this year, the Revlon Lip Butters.
When the release date was announced for May 2012, I was in a boots shop (or two) pretty much every day until I finally saw them! After a very excited phonecall to my flatmate, I made my first purchase, Berry Smoothie. This colour fast became my go to lip colour which I still wear almost every day!

My next purchase was in July when I was looking for a bright pink perfect for summer to go with my tan on holiday and Lollipop did just the trick! However, as I am at home for the Christmas Holidays this colour is still at uni so I can't show any pictures of it! (Bad beauty blogger points already)

My most recent lip butter purchase was Candy Apple, which I bought a few weeks ago for the festive season as I didn't want an intense red. This colour adds a hint of red gloss without being over the top, so I can wear it in the day time for a pop of colour to my usually black outfits as I'm not much of an accessory person.

The lip butters are so smooth and balmy making it feel as if I am only wearing lip balm yet are nicely pigmented to give a lovely colour on the lips whilst giving a slight sheen. They aren't the most long lasting lip products I have ever tried but since they are so easy to apply, I don't really mind!
However, at £7.99 a pop they do seem a bit overpriced for a drugstore lip product but I just can't resist...



Thanks for reading
Liora xx

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Liora :D

    Thanks for sending me your link - love your blog, now following.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete