Wednesday, 30 January 2013

January Favourites

Hello!
As I haven't been out much this past month, due to the weather and having a lot of uni work on my plate, most of my favourites have come from trying to help my skin through the cold.


I'll start with Heel Genius. Whilst we obviously don't have our feet out right now, there's no better time to get them prepped for the warmer months! Living in a cold student house means I always have to sleep with socks on (which I hate), but I use it as an advantage and pop some of this on every night and let it soak in. I've seen so much difference already and at only £5.50 it's totally worth picking up.

The next couple of things is due to being on Roaccutane (you can see my first post about it here) so my skin and lips are very dry. My lip combo is using the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub to get rid of the flakes on my lips. Although you can lick it off I don't like the taste so I wash it off with water, and then apply the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser (do excuse the exploded nail polish stains on my tube), which is my holy grail lip balm - it's simply amazing!! The combination of these 2 things together have kept my dry lips at bay.

The moisturiser I've recently got to help with my dry skin is La Roche Posay Effaclar H, which is a compensating soothing moisturiser, made for oily skin weakened by drying skin care products. My mums friend is a dermatologist and has given me a box of mini tubes, but as soon as I've got through those, I am 100% buying a full tube as it is a brilliant moisturiser and feels so good on my skin.


For make up, I've gone back into my collection and have been using the Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo in On and on bronze. Everyday I've had uni this month I've seemed to be in a rush to get ready as it's too cold to get out of bed, so I have been quickly sweeping this over my lids and applying eyeliner and I have a simple day look to last through uni. It doesn't crease and is long lasting which is just what I need.

The blush I've been using pretty much every day this January is the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef, as just like the colour tattoo, I quickly blend it into my cheeks and have a pinch of colour in no time at all!

Have you had any favourites this month?
Thanks for reading
Liora xx

10 comments:

  1. I am loving the soap and glory heel genuis too. I went away and my feet got extremely dry because of the heat and i got this when i got back and this sorted out my feet within a week! Its amazing!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's brill - I noticed differences within the 1st week of using it! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Heel Genius it smells so nice doesn't it :) And La Roche-Posay Effaclar!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, for a foot cream it smells so nice! xx

      Delete
  3. I love heel genius it's a life saver! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's amazing, so glad I bought it! xx

      Delete
  4. love that lip scrub!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so good! I just wish I liked the taste! xx

      Delete
  5. I love heel genius! It was great to find your blog through the chat! just followed :)

    Latasha x | Le Powder Room

    ReplyDelete