Saturday, 12 January 2013

Haul: Essie, MAC, Nars...

Hello!
I've done a little bit of shopping recently which I thought I would share.
I'm back at uni now and decided to give myself a little January treat but I also had quite a few Boots Advantage Card points stocked up so I thought I would spend some of them too! Most of these items are one's I have been lusting over for quite a while and finally decided to buy them rather than thinking about them all the time!



Boots points


I've been admiring the Real Techniques powder brush for quite a while and decided to buy it with some of my points so it cost me nothing, but it is £12.99.

I absolutely love Real Techniques brushes! They are so soft and easy to use, as well as being relatively cheap compared to other makes of brushes!



Essie 'Fiji'

My next purchase was Essie Fiji after being persuaded through many posts from Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup. It looks like such a lovely neutral colour which I don't have many of, so I thought it's time to take the plunge and see what it's like having a light colour on my nails eek!








Other Stuff
This is the stuff I bought not with my points.
I'm saving the rest of my boots advantage points for a purchase of OPI's Nail Envy which they didn't have in when I went, so my other items from boots were not free. *sad face*

I finally caved and bought a Tangle Teezer, and I LOVE it! My natural hair is very curly and crazy to manage, if it isn't washed every other day I have no hope of getting a brush though it as I can only brush it when it's wet. Since the Tangle Teezer is made to brush damp hair and protect it, there was no reason for me to not have one. The first time I used it, I don't think I've ever brushed my hair so easily and pain free - so worth the £10.99.

Essie 'Trophy Wife'
I bought another Essie nail polish a few weeks ago so I thought I would add this in too, as I think I'm getting a slight addiction. This one is called Trophy Wife, and is teal colour with a pearly finish. It's so beautiful that the first two weeks I had it, I took it off and reapplied it 3 times when it started chipping! It is very rare that a nail polish gets applied again after I've just worn it. (other exception - Essie Bikini So Teeny...told you I'm slightly obsessed)








Then I made a couple of high end purchases.

Nars 'Outlaw'
I had enough N.centive points on my Space NK card for £5 off my next purchase and they were running out at the end of January so I needed to use them quick - any excuse to buy make-up! It cost me £16 rather than £21.
I treated my self to my first Nars blush as people always talk about how fantastic they are.
I bought Outlaw after testing a few on my cheek with the lady at the counter, and this was the one best suited my complexion. On the Nars website it's described as a 'Soft rose tone with golden shimmer' and I think that sums it up perfectly. I can't wait to wear it!

MAC 'Brick-o-la'
My last purchase was MAC's Brick-o-la which is an amplified formula, and has been blogged about recently by Estee.
I first saw this polish back in October and it honestly has been on my mind since then, after Estee blogged about it and I got to see it on someone else, I realised how much I wanted it! It's described as a 'Mid-tone Berry' but I feel like it's a burnt red. It's suitable for everyday wear and costs £14.
















That's all the stuff I've bought recently!
Thanks for reading,
Liora xx

3 comments:

  1. I really like that shade of MAC lipstick, just popped it onto my wishlist ;)

    xxx
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's gorgeous! It's getting it's first wear tomorrow very excited!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that mac shade:}}



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete